ACTUAL AND EXPECTED ROLES OF GEOMATICS WITHIN THE NEXT GENERATION EU FRAMEWORK:
FROM SCIENCE TO PUBLIC SERVICES
The ASITA 2023 virtual conference (Academy) will provide a moment for assessing the latest developments of Survey Sciences that evolved to what is presently known as Geomatics: in particular, theoretical, technical and institutional issues related to instruments and applications are expected to be debated. Participants are therefore specifically invited to discuss:
(i) about the role of Geomatics in the Next Generation EU framework (PNRR in Italy) with special concerns about the ongoing related National projects (authors are invited to present ongoing actions in their own countries);
(ii) about the state-of-the art and case studies involving geomatically-based Official Products and Services from institutional subjects (e.g. Copernicus);
(iii) about instances related to the growing need of standardization and validation procedures of geographical and Earth Observation data/product/Services with special concerns about the expected roles they can have within monitoring/control actions from institutional subjects (e.g. CAP controls. Natural Hazards, etc.)
#AsitaAcademy2023 deadlines EXTENDED !!!
– Abstract submission (only an abstract must be submitted at this step for evaluation): 12th May 2023
– NEW Notification of acceptance under condition (from this moment full paper can be edited and sent): 30th June 2023
– NEW Full paper submission : 31st July 2023
– Notification of acceptance (full paper) and revision requests are sent to authors within 1st September 2023
– Submission of the camera ready paper (including revisions) ends on 29th September 2023
Springer platform for contribution submission Click HERE
Application fees #AsitaAcademy2023
First paper proposed
Full fee 250,00 Euro
AIC, AIT, AMFM, SIFET Associates 200,00 Euro
GFOSS Associates 200,00 Euro
Second paper proposed by the same authors
Full fee 100,00 Euro
AIC, AIT, AMFM, SIFET Associates 100,00 Euro
GFOSS Associates 100,00 Euro
All application fees must be paid exclusively via:
Bank transfer: Banca Popolare di Sondrio Milano
IMPORTANT NOTE: the reason of the payment must mention “AsitaAcademy application fee”.
Considering the title of the event “Actual and Expected Roles of Geomatics within the Next Generation EU framework: from Science to Public Services” all contributions are expected to somehow refer to it in terms of actual or potential experiences involving Geomatics and in particular:
- Positioning, Navigation and Operational Geodesy
- Platforms and Sensors for Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry
- Methods and Procedures for Remote Sensing Data Processing
- UAV/UGV – based Application of Geomatics
- Geomatics for Cultural Heritage and Landscape Analysis
- Geomatics for Forestry
- Geomatics for Precision Agriculture
- Geomatics for Survey and Monitoring of Structures and Infrastructures
- Geomatics for Natural Hazards and Risk
- Geomatics and Sustainable Development
- Spatial Modeling and Mapping of Diseases
- GeoAnalytics, AI and Decision Support
- GeoData: Big, Open and Official
- Open Geodata and Homogenization of Geospatial Information
- SDI and Interoperability: Now and Beyond
- GIS for Smart Cities, Sustainability, Land use Planning
- Official Cartography and Public Administration
- Maritime, Military and Technical Cartography
- Historical Toponymy
- Historical GIS and Cartography
- Positioning and Location Intelligence: Indoor and Outdoor Applications
- BIM (Building Information Modelling)
- Smart Technologies for Geomatics
- Location-Based Services and Web Mapping
- Geoinformation in Education
- New Perspectives in Geomatics
ASITA 2023 Proceedings Publishing Policy
Springer is currently evaluating to include a selection of contributions presented by authors to the ASITA #Academy2023 within a Volume of the series “Communications in Computer and Information Science” (CCIS). CCIS proceedings volume will be published by Springer and is SCOPUS indexed.
High quality and scientific soundness are required for all papers to be included in the Volume. Submitted contributions will undergo a double blind review process through the Springer Equi nOCS system (link will be provided soon). Corresponding authors will receive reviewer feedbacks about their manuscripts and will be asked to revise them accordingly.
Submitted paper have to be formatted according to the Springer’s authors’ guidelines and templates.
Springer encourages authors to include their ORCIDs in their papers.
The corresponding author of each paper, acting on behalf of all of the authors of that paper, must complete and sign a Consent-to-Publish form. The author signing the copyright form must be the corresponding one. Once the files have been sent to Springer, changes about authorship of papers cannot be made anymore.
If authors contributing to ASITA 2023 are interested in Open Access or Open Choice, they have to refer to the Springer’s webpage. In this case the address(es) for invoice(s) and CC-BY Consent-to-Publish form (s) must be provided together with the camera ready paper.
Authors should also consider that an anti-plagiarism tool will be used for each submitted manuscript.
Enrico Borgogno Mondino (University of Torino), Paola Zamperlin (University of Pisa), Michele Grimaldi (University of Salerno), Elena Dai Prà (University of Trento), Maria Antonietta Dessena (ENAS Sardegna), Andrea Fiduccia (Sapienza University of Roma), Francesco Guerra (IUAV – University of Venice), Maria Teresa Melis (University of Cagliari), Stefano Nicolodi (Fondazione GeGL Provincia di Firenze), Antonio Ganga (University of Sassari), Francesco Pirotti (University of Padova), Cinzia Podda (University of Sassari), Domenico Sguerso (University of Genova), Paolo Dabove (Politecnico di Torino), Alberto Giordano (Texas State University), Stefania Bertazzon (University Of Calgary), Héctor Jaime Hernández Palma (University of Chile), Francesco Nex (University of Twente), Filiz Sunar (Istanbul Technical University), Sandro Bimonte (INRAE Clermont Ferrand, France)